Spring 2017 Philadelphia Workshops - Politics and Therapy: A Heady Mix
Politics and Therapy: A Heady Mix
Friday, April 21, 2017
1:30 pm. - 4:30 p.m.
Workshop Presenter: Lawrence Blum, M.D.
The amplified presence of politics in the minds and lives of our clients is impacting our clinical work, challenging our ability to help clients stay focused on the therapeutic task. This workshop explores the ways current political circumstances are influencing the practice of psychotherapy and discusses how we can harness current issues to enrich our work. Clinical, historical, and theoretical approaches will be used to examine parallels between our clients’ internal issues and political issues that bombard them with increasing frequency. Clinical vignettes and participant discussion will be incorporated into an interactive format.
This workshop will help participants:
- Examine whether the tasks of therapy have changed since the election;
- Apply methods to maintain focus on the therapeutic work;
- Analyze the ways in which developmental conflicts influence clients’ beliefs and reactions to political events;
- Utilize clients’ comments about politics to elucidate relevant treatment themes.
- Individual - $95 ($85 Early Registration - see registration page.)
- Group (3 or more people registering at the same time) - Contact Dr. Wright
- Online - Visit the registration page on this site.
- By Mail - Download a printable registration form.
- On site - Cash, Exact Change, Check. No Credit Cards Accepted.
MAIL-IN REGISTRATION DEADLINE: April 14, 2017
ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINE: April 19, 2017
Late registrations will be accepted space permitting. Please contact the workshop sponsor at 215-732-3720 for last minute or walk-in registration.
Request for registration fee refunds must be received in writing no later than the registration deadline. No refunds will be entertained thereafter. A $10 per workshop administration fee will be deducted from any refund.