Spring 2017 Philadelphia Workshops - Suicidal Clients
Assessment, Treatment, and Management of Suicidal Clients**
Friday, April 21, 2017
9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Workshop Presenter: Linda K. Knauss, Ph.D., ABPP
**THIS SUICIDE WORKSHOP MEETS THE PA STATE REQUIREMENTS FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION IN SUICIDE PREVENTION
Suicide is among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. More people kill themselves than others. No therapist is completely free of the responsibility to assess and respond to the risk of suicide. Evaluating and responding to a suicide risk is the most frequent mental health emergency. This workshop will review the risk-management issues that arise when clients pose an immediate threat of harm to themselves or to others. The discussion will focus on suicidal clients, with special attention to risk assessment and intervention. The duty to protect others and special issues raised by clients with HIV will also be addressed.
Guidelines for standards of care come from the clinical literature, ethics codes, court cases, and statutes. This presentation will include numerous case vignettes and an interactive format.
This workshop will help participants:
- Identify the clinical, ethical, and legal issues involved with treating clients who threaten to harm themselves;
- Learn the factors that are helpful in evaluating the risk of suicide;
- Understand the duty of mental health professionals to protect a third party from clients who threaten violent harm;
- Recognize the essential clinical, ethical, and legal questions that mental health professionals face when dealing with an HIV-positive client who appears to threaten others with infection.
- Individual - $95 ($85 Early Registration - see registration page.)
- Group (3 or more people registering at the same time) - Contact Dr. Wright.
- Online - Visit the registration page on this site.
- By Mail - Download a printable registration form.
- On site - Cash, Exact Change, Check. No Credit Cards Accepted.
MAIL-IN REGISTRATION DEADLINE: April 14, 2017
ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINE: April 19, 2017
Late registrations will be accepted space permitting. Please contact the workshop sponsor at 215-732-3720 for last minute or walk-in registration.
Request for registration fee refunds must be received in writing no later than the registration deadline. No refunds will be entertained thereafter. A $10 per workshop administration fee will be deducted from any refund.